Friday 10 October 2014

A trip to the Knitting and Stitching Show!

Had a lovely day off work on Thursday wandering around the Knitting and Stitching Show at Alexandra Palace. It's well worth a visit!

There was so much to look at, and so many tempting things to buy!

My first purchase was made at Simply Fabrics. This is a fabric retailer based in Brixton and they had a great range of affordable priced fabric on offer.

Simply Fabrics


I bought a lovely stripey double knit for my first attempt at sewing knit fabrics - I'm going to make the Coco pattern from Tilly and the Buttons. It was a bargain at £4 a metre.

Lili Fabrics



A lot of the other fabric retailers had gorgeous material on offer but unfortunately they were a bit too pricey for me!


Another good value retailer I found was Lili Fabrics. They are a retailer based in Romford, Essex.



I bought a grey double knit for £3.95 a metre. What to make? A second Coco maybe? I also bought some flowery cotton for £4.95 a metre. Another bargain!



I also fell in love with this dress on the Sew Over It stand - the Ultimate Shift Dress - which I think I will be using the flowery cotton I bought to make it with!

The Ultimate Shift Dress

Sew Over It

I love all three versions and this looks a super easy make. The long sleeve version looks great for winter. I can't wait to make this.



There were also loads of retailers selling gorgeous yarns and knitting patterns. Finally I treated myself to a new pattern booklet by Sirdar from Black Sheep Wools and two balls of this gorgeous aran weight wool to make a scarf.

There are loads of gorgeous patterns inside the booklet that I want to make, if only I had the time!





And finally for no real reason here is a picture of a knitted bear wearing a knitted waistcoat. Isn't he adorable!


Has anyone else visited the show and if so what did you buy?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd really love to hear from you. If you liked this blog post, please leave me a little comment!

Popular Posts