I wrote about my first version here. This was the first dress I ever made, and I didn't get the fit quite right so thought I would try it again. This time I made a straight size 14 and its a much better fit!
This time, I chose view B with the cap sleeves as I wasn't very keen on the sleeves in my first version. I also decided to make the fabric belt from view C as without it I was worried it might look a little sack-like, especially from behind.
The dress has a self bound neckline and neck pleats to give it some shaping. The armholes are neatly bound with bias binding tape. The cap sleeves are pleated, and a really flattering shape.
The material is a black cotton poplin purchased from Minerva crafts sometime ago. It's nice to sew with and is a medium weight woven fabric. It's still available to purchase.
I'm getting better at taking the cheesy self photographs. I am hoping to get a new camera soon.
It's a little baggy at the back, but I suppose that is the style of the dress.
The belt is a good addition, and improves the look from behind!
It also looks nice belted from the front I think too.
I'm much more pleased with this version of the dress as this one isn't too tight for me. I just need some warmer weather to wear this in as it's a perfect little summer dress. I'd recommend this pattern to anyone beginning sewing as it's really easy to follow.