Saturday 30 May 2015

My summer stitching plans

So I have a few things lined up to sew for summer. My aim is to use some of my existing stash of materials and patterns that I have accumulated.

First up is New Look 6262, which I made previously here.


This time I am making view D, with the boat neck and without sleeves.  My muslin of the bodice is complete and I have now cut out my pieces, just need to get sewing!


I'm using this gorgeous cotton that I got from a local market. Perfect for summer!


Next up, I'm planning on making a summer skirt using New Look 6873. I've had this pattern in my stash since last summer, and I'd originally planned to make the trousers. I'm planning on making view C.


I'm going to use this material that I bought at the Knitting and Stitching show in March.  I think it will make a sweet summery skirt. 


I also plan to make another dress, this time Butterick B4443. Again I like the boat neck version.



This is a different style for me to make as it has princess seams and this is something I've not made before. All the other dresses and tops I've made have had bust darts.

I think this material will make a lovely summer dress.


Finally I'm going to make another Simplicity 1693.



 I love this top as it's simple to make and is a great wardrobe basic.


I will make the Peter Pan collar again  in this fabric and probably make it sleeveless. I prefer sleeveless tops for summer.

Hopefully now I've got my plans down on the blog, I will crack on with it. I've been doing more knitting that sewing in the last few weeks, and am missing my sewing machine.

What have you got planned to stitch next?

Catherine x

2 comments:

  1. It's great to have some summer stitching plans. I love your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am beginning to wonder if we will ever have a summer though! x

      Delete

I'd really love to hear from you. If you liked this blog post, please leave me a little comment!

Popular Posts